Firefight Update 1
- New Save System, you can now have a save for both game modes.
- Fixed a problem where the game couldn’t tell it was on Newgrounds (why the Medals didn’t work)
- Small changes to the Leaderboard page
- Made the Leaderboard’s At column display “uploads.ungrounded.net” as “www.newgrounds.com”
- Removed the two (rarely said) enemy voice clips
- Fixed landmines not removing on level reset
Update is now live on Newgrounds.
Cool stuff you can do with Firefight’s Console
I included my Developer Console in the release of Firefight. So I thought i’ll make a post explaining some of the cool stuff you can do with it.
- When using the console you can use the up and down arrow keys to go between your last used commands.
- If the suggestion box is showing; pressing up/down will toggle between them (so you don’t have to type the whole thing).
- Type help for more information.
You can use some of the cheat functions I put in.
For the all buildings, upgrades and weapons functions you can change that 3 to whatever level you want all of them to be (but 3 would be the best as that’s the highest level).
Make the days go faster by simply changing this value (in milliseconds)
daylength = 60000;
Using the npcManager you can make the enemies spawn faster or change the spawn rates of the different types.
npcManager.spawnTimer.delay = 1000;
npcManager.spawnRates = [0,0,0,100];
That first line will make enemies spawn every second and that other one makes it so they have 100% chance of being Minigunners.
You can also change stats of the enemy types.
npcManager.enemy_health = 10;
npcManager.enemy_guns = classes.weapons.assaultrifle;
First line will make pistol enemies start with only have 10 health and the second will will make it so they use Assault Rifles.
Modifying your Weapons
There are loads of different things you can change to modify your weapons.
char.gun_pistol.automatic = true;
char.gun_pistol.infiniteAmmo = true;
char.gun_pistol.damage = 40;
I’m sure you can tell what that will do.
You can add new weapons to your inventory as well.
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].displayName = "My Shotgun";
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].shootGap = 300;
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].bulletCount = 6;
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].infiniteAmmo = true;
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].bulletFilter = new flash.filters.GlowFilter(0xFFFF00,1,10,10,5);
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].soundEffects = new Array(mp3_death1, mp3_death2);
List of Usable Resources
There is a lot more you could do with the console but I’ll leave that to you to find out.
Here’s a little thing I put together that will turn you into a Minigunner (just paste it into your console):
char.model = new model_enemy_gunner();
char.wep = new Array(new classes.weapons.machinegun(this,char));
Rupert’s Zombie Diary Update v1.3
Yet another update to Rupert’s Zombie Diary. Newgrounds Edition only at the moment.
- Fixed bug where you could buy skills without having their prerequisites
- Fixed up Medal: “Legend” (To obtain: Finish the game without ever starting an area without Nightmare mode on. If you already have just clear game data under options and relaunch the game)
- Fixed glitch with shooting and killing zombies that have been knocked to the ground
- Fixed bug where you could damage the Wizard while he’s in the air vulnerable with kicks and zombie heads
- Fixed problem with the “Most Kills (in a day)” scoreboard where it let people submit scores for endless rounds
- Added new scoreboard called “Total Kills”
- Modified the way the Ammo display is updated in hopes of fixing it’s glitch
- Made the gun icon on the HUD change depending on what weapon you have out
Rupert’s Zombie Diary Update v1.2
Just did a quick update to Rupert’s Zombie Diary (Newgrounds.com version only at the moment).
- Fixed Medals: Wipe Out, Wipe Out Nightmare, ALL THE SKILLS, GIVE EM’ THE BOOT, Dodging Fish and That wasn’t so hard
- Fixed problem where keys weren’t releasing properly
- Fixed bug where the Wizard could disapear off the map when charging