What’s new in the Kongregate Update:
- Kongregate Leaderboards/Statistics integration
- Shop interface improvements
- Slight tweaks to the Global Leaderboard interface
- Can now have 2 control customisations at the same time
- Enemies and other entities are now exported as bitmaps which will hopefully improve performance a little bit
- Fixed glitch when skipping splash screens
I’ll probably do the same for Alien Hominid Xtreme and release that in a couple of weeks. Rupert’s Zombie Diary was going to be the first to be added to Kongregate but there were problems with the project file. So instead we are working on Rupert’s Zombie Diary: Special Edition. This will use the new art assets (plus more) that we were using for the sequel that kind of got put on hiatus. It will remade using the same engine as our game “Hell Games” and apart from the new look it will also feature more weapons, mini-bosses, flying heads/arms/guts and more.
Firefight Update 1
- New Save System, you can now have a save for both game modes.
- Fixed a problem where the game couldn’t tell it was on Newgrounds (why the Medals didn’t work)
- Small changes to the Leaderboard page
- Made the Leaderboard’s At column display “uploads.ungrounded.net” as “www.newgrounds.com”
- Removed the two (rarely said) enemy voice clips
- Fixed landmines not removing on level reset
Update is now live on Newgrounds.
Random News Update
New DomainI just got a domain for my site! torrunt.net. I also fixed up the games page to it just says “domain/games” rather then “domain/private/1237498asdihoas” or whatever.
A website for Scimitar Games should be launching soon at scimitargames.net. Scimitar games is the name of our Flash Game Development group. Doodlebin / Tyler as the Artist, MDKSound / Morgan as the Musician / Sound Technician and me as the Programmer.
Pico Day 2012
Doodlebin and I are planning on doing another game for Pico Day on Newgrounds.com this year; this time focusing on Alien Hominid. Nothing to show yet but i might post some sneak peaks later.
Here’s the game’s we made the previous years:
Pico Day 2011
INSERT COIN: Pico N’ Me
Pico Day 2010
FirefightThe flash game Shoot Out I was working on ages ago has changed it’s name to “Firefight” and should be coming out soon. I was messing around with it a couple of days ago as well, tweaking the options menu and some of the GUI.
Rupert’s Zombie Diary Update v1.3
Yet another update to Rupert’s Zombie Diary. Newgrounds Edition only at the moment.
- Fixed bug where you could buy skills without having their prerequisites
- Fixed up Medal: “Legend” (To obtain: Finish the game without ever starting an area without Nightmare mode on. If you already have just clear game data under options and relaunch the game)
- Fixed glitch with shooting and killing zombies that have been knocked to the ground
- Fixed bug where you could damage the Wizard while he’s in the air vulnerable with kicks and zombie heads
- Fixed problem with the “Most Kills (in a day)” scoreboard where it let people submit scores for endless rounds
- Added new scoreboard called “Total Kills”
- Modified the way the Ammo display is updated in hopes of fixing it’s glitch
- Made the gun icon on the HUD change depending on what weapon you have out