What’s new in the Kongregate Update:
- Kongregate Leaderboards/Statistics integration
- Shop interface improvements
- Slight tweaks to the Global Leaderboard interface
- Can now have 2 control customisations at the same time
- Enemies and other entities are now exported as bitmaps which will hopefully improve performance a little bit
- Fixed glitch when skipping splash screens
I’ll probably do the same for Alien Hominid Xtreme and release that in a couple of weeks. Rupert’s Zombie Diary was going to be the first to be added to Kongregate but there were problems with the project file. So instead we are working on Rupert’s Zombie Diary: Special Edition. This will use the new art assets (plus more) that we were using for the sequel that kind of got put on hiatus. It will remade using the same engine as our game “Hell Games” and apart from the new look it will also feature more weapons, mini-bosses, flying heads/arms/guts and more.
AS3 Developer Console v1.08A new version of my AS3 Developer Console is now out!
I finally got around to fixing these problems I’ve been finding. If you’re wondering what happen to v1.07, that was the version of the console that was included in my game Firefight. It wasn’t that different from v1.06 so I never released it.
Google Code - GitHub
v1.08 - (26/06/2012)
- Temporary Variables. When assigning a variable that doesn’t exist a temporary variable will be made that can be used through the console (can be turned off)
- Added option for slide open/close animation (on by default)
- When creating new instances you can now pass arguments to the constructor (eg: new flash.geom.Point(5,2))
- Objects returned from functions can now have their members accessed (eg: getChildAt(0).x)
- Multidimensional Arrays are now supported (up to 3D, but can be modified easily to support more) (eg: level)
- Tracing fps now works properly in certain circumstances (wouldn’t work if it couldn’t access the console from the main class before)
- Input text box now removes ` characters when typed (useful if you use the ` key to toggle the console)
- Whenever a NaN value is attempted to be assigned to a Number variable a warning is printed to the console and the value is not assigned
- Echo, error and warn functions can now take multiple arguments (will separate them with spaces)
- If the last argument in echo() is a string with the # character in front it will use that as the colour of the echo (eg: echo(1, 2, 3, “#00FF00”))
- Variable “opened” is now private, use function “isOpen()” instead
- tracerOneCiclePerLine is now true by default
- Changed some default text colours
- Changed default font to “Courier New” (from “Arial”)
Quick Update to FirefightI also quickly updated Firefight on Newgrounds to include this new version.
Now that you can pass arguments to constructors and create temporary variables you can do this to create a new weapon:
rifle = new classes.weapons.assaultrifle(this,char);
rifle.displayName = "Super Assault Rifle";
rifle.weaponModelId = 4;
rifle.shootGap = 5;
rifle.bulletSpeed = 14;
rifle.damage = 18;
rifle.spread = 10;
rifle.bulletCount = 3;
rifle.maxHitCount = 1;
rifle.accurateBursts = false;
rifle.infiniteAmmo = true;
rifle.useExplosion = true;
rifle.explosionAnimations = [fx_explosion1];
rifle.explosionDamage = 10;
rifle.bulletFilter = new flash.filters.GlowFilter(0xFF0000,1,10,10,8);
rifle.soundEffects = mp3_sniper;
Instead of the old way:
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].displayName = "Super Assault Rifle";
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].weaponModelId = 4;
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].shootGap = 5;
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].bulletSpeed = 14;
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].damage = 18;
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].spread = 10;
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].bulletCount = 3;
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].maxHitCount = 1;
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].accurateBursts = false;
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].infiniteAmmo = true;
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].useExplosion = true;
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].explosionAnimations = [fx_explosion1];
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].explosionDamage = 10;
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].bulletFilter = new flash.filters.GlowFilter(0xFF0000,1,10,10,8);
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].soundEffects = mp3_sniper;
Upcoming Hell Games Dev BlogSoon I should be doing a Dev Blog for our Scimitar Games YouTube Channel talking about what I’ve been working on with our upcoming game “Hell Games”. Since we’re planning on releasing this one with the Developer Console (just like with Firefight), i’ll show off some stuff you can do with it.
Edit: Dev Blog is up now.
Firefight Update 1
- New Save System, you can now have a save for both game modes.
- Fixed a problem where the game couldn’t tell it was on Newgrounds (why the Medals didn’t work)
- Small changes to the Leaderboard page
- Made the Leaderboard’s At column display “uploads.ungrounded.net” as “www.newgrounds.com”
- Removed the two (rarely said) enemy voice clips
- Fixed landmines not removing on level reset
Update is now live on Newgrounds.
Cool stuff you can do with Firefight’s Console
I included my Developer Console in the release of Firefight. So I thought i’ll make a post explaining some of the cool stuff you can do with it.
- When using the console you can use the up and down arrow keys to go between your last used commands.
- If the suggestion box is showing; pressing up/down will toggle between them (so you don’t have to type the whole thing).
- Type help for more information.
You can use some of the cheat functions I put in.
For the all buildings, upgrades and weapons functions you can change that 3 to whatever level you want all of them to be (but 3 would be the best as that’s the highest level).
Make the days go faster by simply changing this value (in milliseconds)
daylength = 60000;
Using the npcManager you can make the enemies spawn faster or change the spawn rates of the different types.
npcManager.spawnTimer.delay = 1000;
npcManager.spawnRates = [0,0,0,100];
That first line will make enemies spawn every second and that other one makes it so they have 100% chance of being Minigunners.
You can also change stats of the enemy types.
npcManager.enemy_health = 10;
npcManager.enemy_guns = classes.weapons.assaultrifle;
First line will make pistol enemies start with only have 10 health and the second will will make it so they use Assault Rifles.
Modifying your Weapons
There are loads of different things you can change to modify your weapons.
char.gun_pistol.automatic = true;
char.gun_pistol.infiniteAmmo = true;
char.gun_pistol.damage = 40;
I’m sure you can tell what that will do.
You can add new weapons to your inventory as well.
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].displayName = "My Shotgun";
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].shootGap = 300;
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].bulletCount = 6;
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].infiniteAmmo = true;
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].bulletFilter = new flash.filters.GlowFilter(0xFFFF00,1,10,10,5);
char.wep[char.wep.length-1].soundEffects = new Array(mp3_death1, mp3_death2);
List of Usable Resources
There is a lot more you could do with the console but I’ll leave that to you to find out.
Here’s a little thing I put together that will turn you into a Minigunner (just paste it into your console):
char.model = new model_enemy_gunner();
char.wep = new Array(new classes.weapons.machinegun(this,char));
Random News Update
New DomainI just got a domain for my site! torrunt.net. I also fixed up the games page to it just says “domain/games” rather then “domain/private/1237498asdihoas” or whatever.
A website for Scimitar Games should be launching soon at scimitargames.net. Scimitar games is the name of our Flash Game Development group. Doodlebin / Tyler as the Artist, MDKSound / Morgan as the Musician / Sound Technician and me as the Programmer.
Pico Day 2012
Doodlebin and I are planning on doing another game for Pico Day on Newgrounds.com this year; this time focusing on Alien Hominid. Nothing to show yet but i might post some sneak peaks later.
Here’s the game’s we made the previous years:
Pico Day 2011
INSERT COIN: Pico N’ Me
Pico Day 2010