What’s new in the Kongregate Update:
- Kongregate Leaderboards/Statistics integration
- Shop interface improvements
- Slight tweaks to the Global Leaderboard interface
- Can now have 2 control customisations at the same time
- Enemies and other entities are now exported as bitmaps which will hopefully improve performance a little bit
- Fixed glitch when skipping splash screens
I’ll probably do the same for Alien Hominid Xtreme and release that in a couple of weeks. Rupert’s Zombie Diary was going to be the first to be added to Kongregate but there were problems with the project file. So instead we are working on Rupert’s Zombie Diary: Special Edition. This will use the new art assets (plus more) that we were using for the sequel that kind of got put on hiatus. It will remade using the same engine as our game “Hell Games” and apart from the new look it will also feature more weapons, mini-bosses, flying heads/arms/guts and more.
Rupert’s Zombie Diary Update v1.3
Yet another update to Rupert’s Zombie Diary. Newgrounds Edition only at the moment.
- Fixed bug where you could buy skills without having their prerequisites
- Fixed up Medal: “Legend” (To obtain: Finish the game without ever starting an area without Nightmare mode on. If you already have just clear game data under options and relaunch the game)
- Fixed glitch with shooting and killing zombies that have been knocked to the ground
- Fixed bug where you could damage the Wizard while he’s in the air vulnerable with kicks and zombie heads
- Fixed problem with the “Most Kills (in a day)” scoreboard where it let people submit scores for endless rounds
- Added new scoreboard called “Total Kills”
- Modified the way the Ammo display is updated in hopes of fixing it’s glitch
- Made the gun icon on the HUD change depending on what weapon you have out
Rupert’s Zombie Diary Update v1.2
Just did a quick update to Rupert’s Zombie Diary (Newgrounds.com version only at the moment).
- Fixed Medals: Wipe Out, Wipe Out Nightmare, ALL THE SKILLS, GIVE EM’ THE BOOT, Dodging Fish and That wasn’t so hard
- Fixed problem where keys weren’t releasing properly
- Fixed bug where the Wizard could disapear off the map when charging
Rupert’s Zombie Diary: Newgrounds Edition Released
This version includes 40 Newgrounds Medals and 5 different Scoreboards so you can show how much better you are than everyone else.
Rupert’s Zombie Diary Update
There should be an update coming to Rupert’s Zombie Diary on armorgames.com soon, just waiting for them.
- Added Control Customisation (under Options)
- Added Outro
- Added Message to inform people that you can still play areas that are fortified (to earn cash and/or to advance the day)
- Instead of surfing zombies automatically you now have to Kick (default: SPACE) while over them
- Lowered skill prices
- Lowered Fortifications prices to 300 (down from 500)
- Rifle starts off with 20 Rifle bullets (up from 10)
- Ammo pickups now give 15 Rifle bullets (up from 5)
- Rupert now finds 5 additional Rifle bullets at the begining of each day
- Skill “I PACKED EXTRA” now has a 30% chance Rifle shots won’t deplete ammo (up from 20%)
- Skill “FISHERMANS FRIEND” now has a 30% chance fish will heal you (down from 40%)
- Turned Dust Effects off by default (due to the lag it causes)
- Common Zombies now run at slightly faster speeds in Nightmare mode
- Zombies now spawn 1/2 a second faster on all area difficulties (every 4secs on 1 Skull, every 2secs on 4 Skulls)
- Slightly increased the amount of Zombies that can spawned at once
- Goliath now heals by 10% (or 20% on Nightmare) from eating zombies (down from 20% and 40%)
- Lowered Wizard’s Health by 1000 (now 3000 or 4000 on Nightmare)
- Improved the way the check for defeating the Wizard Boss is done (hopefully he won’t just disapear with nothing happening anymore)
- Fixed bug where health pickups bring your health to 100 when you have the 125 Health Points Skill
- Fixed bug where Zombie Activity was sometimes happening at Home
- Fixed bug where new Zombies coming into London disapear (eg: 47 new zombies come in and 25 of them don’t move to any area)
- Day Time Limit on Fortified Areas is now turned on by default (as it’s the prefered option)
And the Newgrounds Edition should be coming out on Newgrounds.com soon. It’s all done and ready.
Rupert’s Zombie Diary has been released! You can now go play it over at Armor Games.
The game will be released on Newgrounds in a week or less.
An Evil Wizard has taken over London, and is using an army of Zombies to do his bidding. You take control of Rupert Whitewater a man who stands up to the evil reign. In this action survival game, you will have to learn effective and brutal special moves to strike down your foes. Develop tactics, and purchase perks to become the ultimate zombie killing machine.